1. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Account activity information, such as your account registration information, your account activity information, and your visit and login activity information, including the date and time, and other automatically logged information described below in the “Personal Information Collected Automatically” and “Cookies and Similar Technologies” parts of this Section 1.
- Account profile information, such as your username and password that you set to establish an online account with us, your name, email address, and phone number, and your photograph, interests, preferences, and events registered for or attended.
- Chat content that you provide, including any text, images, data, files, or other content that you share with other event participants (i.e., any registrants, hosts, speakers, or other attendees) or with us or any event organizer, whether via breakout rooms, video chat, private messaging (e.g., private groups, direct messages, speaker support), public messaging (e.g., public channels, session chats, speaker support), through polls, surveys, or questions, or otherwise, as well as any other communications you exchange with other Users via the Platform.
- Communications that we exchange, including when you contact us with questions or feedback, or otherwise correspond with us.
- Contact details, such as your first and last name, email addresses, and phone number.
- Content that you generate through or upload or make available to the Platform, such as any text, images, audio, and video, along with any metadata associated with any such content or that you link to any event page or library, to your account, or elsewhere on the Platform; any event notes, bookmarks, highlights or highlight labels, or other notations that you create on the Platform; and any calendar information you share on the Platform (e.g., for scheduling a demo, including your chosen dates and times)
- Cookies and internet activity, such as text files that websites store on a visitor’s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, and helping us understand User activity and patterns, as further described below in the “Personal Information Collected Automatically” and “Cookies and Similar Technologies” parts of this Section 1.
- Event information, such as your responses to any optional or required event registration questions set by the applicable event host, participants you communicate with during an event, and any other information, data, or metrics that may be related to an event you register for or attend.
- Marketing data, such as your preferences for receiving communications about our products, services (including, without limitation, the Services), activities, events, and publications, and details about how you engage with our communications.
- Usage information, such as information about how you use the Platform or Services and interact with us, including information associated with any content you upload to the Platform or otherwise submit to us, and information you provide when you use any interactive features of the Services.
1.1. Personal Information You Provide to Us. Personal information you may provide to us on or through the Platform or otherwise includes:
1.2 .Personal Information from Third-Party Platforms. If you connect or otherwise sign into the Platform through a social media platform (e.g., Facebook) or other third-party platform (e.g., Google), we may collect information from that platform. You may also have the opportunity to provide us with additional information via such third-party platform, such as a list of your friends or connections and your email address. You can read more about your choices in connection with linked third-party platforms in the “YOUR CHOICES” Section, below.
1.3. Personal Information that is Obtained from Other Third Parties. We may receive personal information about you from other third-party sources, including from business partners or data providers. We may merge or combine such personal information with the personal information we collect from you directly or automatically.
1.4. Personal Information Collected Automatically. We, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your activity over time on the Platform and other sites and online services, such as:
- Geolocation data that you authorize when using certain third-party customer support services through our service provider, Intercom, in connection with the Application.
- Device data, such as your computer or mobile device operating system type and version number, browser type, screen resolution, IP address, unique identifiers, and general location information such as city, state, or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access.
1.5. Cookies and Similar Technologies. Like many online services, we use the following technologies:Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor’s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, helping us understand User activity and patterns, and facilitating online advertising.
1.6. Deidentified or Aggregate Information. Personal information does not include Deidentified and Aggregate Information. “Deidentified Information” means information that cannot reasonably identify, relate to, describe, be capable of being associated with, or be linked, directly or indirectly, to a particular individual, and for which revnt has implemented technical safeguards and business processes that prohibit reidentification of the individual. “Aggregate Information” means information that relates to a group or category of individuals, from which individual identities have been removed, that is not linked or reasonably linkable to any individual or household, including via a device.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are typically used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked, typically to compile statistics about usage of websites and the success of marketing campaigns.
- Software development kits, or SDKs, which we use in the Application. An SDK is third-party computer code that may be used for a variety of purposes, including to provide us with analytics regarding the use of the Application, to integrate with social media, add features or functionality to the Application, or to facilitate online advertising. SDKs may enable third parties to collect information directly via the Application.
2. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Revnt’s primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide the Services and Content that you request on the Platform. revnt may also use personal information for various purposes, including, without limitation, to:
- Provide, operate, and improve the Platform and Services.
- Fulfill your requests for selecting and purchasing products and services (including, without limitation, the Services).
- Establish and maintain your account on the Platform.
- Understand and analyze event metrics and the usage trends and preferences of our Users to make the Platform and Services better, diagnose technical issues, prevent fraud, and develop new features and functionality.
- Personalize your experience on and through the Platform and Services and deliver information about offers relevant to your interests.
- Verify your identity or determine your eligibility for offers and promotions.
- Communicate with you, including responding to any of your requests or questions.
- Provide Users with maintenance and support, including responding to requests for customer support or responding to your feedback.
- Send you materials, updates, information, special offers, and promotional material from us and from other Users and our business partners using direct marketing or behavioral-based advertising.
- Respond to requests from law enforcement and as required by applicable law, court order, or government investigation.
3. SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- 3.1. Related Companies and M&A Transactions. We may share your personal information with companies that are affiliated with us (that is, that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with us). In addition, if we sell all or part of our business or make a sale or transfer of assets or are otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, we may transfer your personal information to a third party as part of that transaction, including at the negotiation stage.
- 3.3.Legal Compliance. We may disclose personal information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, in connection with any legal process, and to comply with relevant laws. We may also share your personal information in order to establish or exercise our rights; to defend against a legal claim; to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities or fraud; to protect the safety and security of other Users; and to prevent a violation of our Terms of Service.
- 3.4.Event Organizers. We may share your personal information with organizers of events that you attend on or otherwise participate in through the Platform. These organizers may be individuals or entities, and your personal information may be shared with the applicable event organizer’s employees and authorized agents in connection with any such event.
- 3.6.Behavioral-Based Advertising Partners. We may participate in behavioral-based advertising. This means that a third-party advertising company may use technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about your use of the Platform so that we can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interests. That advertising may appear either on the Platform, or on other websites.
- 3.7.Other Users and the Public. The Platform may provide you with the opportunity to chat (privately or publicly). If you decide to submit personal information through chat, such personal information may be made available to other Users or third parties. The Platform may also provide you with the opportunity to otherwise post or make available content, messages, and other information to other Users of the Platform or the public. For example, you may be able to post your content in a public forum on the Platform or participate in a message board. We do not control how other Users or third parties use any personal information that you make available to them. Please be aware that any information you post publicly can be cached, copied, screen captured, or stored elsewhere by others (e.g., search engines) before you have a chance to edit or remove it.
- 3.9.Referrals. While not a feature as of the Effective Date specified above, in the next few months after the Effective Date we plan to offer a feature wherein Users may recommend that other third parties join the Platform by using a referral system we provide via the Platform or Services to refer such third parties or by otherwise providing their contact information (including, without limitation, by selecting friends from a social networking site). At such time, Users may also provide personal information about other Users of the Platform such as reviews of the Services or products that they received, or reference information.
4. SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from the risks presented by unauthorized access or acquisition, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of any unauthorized access or acquisition of your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
5. YOUR CHOICES
You can make the following choices regarding your personal information:
- 5.1. Modifications to Your Personal Information. We rely on you to update and correct the personal information contained in your account. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law. If the Platform does not permit you to update or correct certain personal information, please contact us as described below.
- 5.2. Promotional Emails. You may choose to provide us with your email address for the purpose of allowing us to send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to the Platform or Services, as well as targeted offers from third parties. You can stop receiving promotional emails by clicking the “unsubscribe” links in the emails or by contacting us as described below. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you Services-related communications, such as those about your account, to fulfill orders you have submitted or offers you have requested, or to deliver notifications directly to you through the Platform.
- 5.3. Third-Party Platforms. If you choose to connect to the Platform through your account on a third-party platform like Google or Facebook, you may be able to use your settings in your account with that platform to limit the information we receive from it. If you revoke our ability to access information from a third-party platform, that choice will not apply to information that we have already received from that third party.
- 5.4. Cookies. Most browsers let you remove or stop accepting cookies from the websites you visit. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser’s settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all functionality of the Services and the Platform may not work properly. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your browser and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. We use Google Analytics to help us understand User activity and patterns on the Website and the Application. You can learn more about Google Analytics cookies by clicking here and about how Google protects your data by clicking here. You can prevent the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of the Website by downloading and installing a browser plugin available here.
- 5.5. Behavioral-Based Advertising. If we participate in behavioral-based advertising and you wish to limit third parties’ collection of information about your use of the Platform, you can opt-out of receiving behavioral-based advertising from participating NAI and DAA members at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp or optout.aboutads.info, respectively. Please note that if we do participate in behavioral-based advertising in the future, we also may work with companies that offer their own opt-out mechanisms and may not participate in the opt-out mechanisms that we linked above. ADDITIONALLY, PLEASE NOTE THAT OPTING-OUT OF BEHAVIORAL ADVERTISING DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE ADVERTISING WHILE USING THE PLATFORM. IT WILL, HOWEVER, EXCLUDE YOU FROM BEHAVIORAL-BASED ADVERTISING CONDUCTED THROUGH PARTICIPATING NETWORKS, AS PROVIDED BY THEIR POLICIES AND CHOICE MECHANISMS.
- 5.6. Do Not Track. Some web browsers and devices permit you to broadcast a preference that you not be “tracked” online. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
6. NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents who have an established business relationship with revnt are entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information we share with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. This notice will identify the categories of information shared with third parties and will include a list of the third parties with which it is shared, along with their names and addresses. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit your request to the address listed in the Section titled “CONTACTING US” below.
7. OTHER WEBSITES AND SERVICES
The Platform may contain links to other websites and online services operated by third parties. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. In addition, our content (including, without limitation, Content) may be included on web pages or online services that are not associated with us. We do not control third-party websites or online services, and we are not responsible for their actions. Other websites and services follow different rules regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites and online services you use.
8. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Revnt is based in the United States of America. If you are from a country outside of the United States of America with laws governing data collection, use, and disclosure that may differ from U.S. law and you provide personal information to us, please note that any personal information that you provide to us may be transferred to the United States of America. By providing your personal information, where applicable law permits, you hereby specifically and expressly consent to such transfer and processing and the collection, use, and disclosure set forth herein or in the Terms of Service.
9. CONTACTING US